Children and Youth Officer Welcome
Hello from James Gardner - Diocesan Children and Youth Officer
Hello, I’m James Gardner and the Children and Youth officer in St Andrews, Dunkeld and Dunblane. Welcome to our Children and Young People’s page. Here you can find out about some of the exciting work that goes on within the Diocese, and throughout the Scottish Episcopal Church.
My role within the Diocese to:
- Support churches to develop their ministry with children and Young People within their churches,
- To provide Diocesan activities for our Children and Young people to come together in fellowship,
- To enable our young people build lifelong faith friendships.
Our Mission with Children and Young People
Our churches warmly welcome young people of all ages. Clergy, Volunteers and Children and Youth Leaders across the Diocese are working hard to include young people in church and encourage them to deepen their faith. We do this by:
- listening to our young people,
- valuing their insights and questions about God, life and church,
- by being fellow Christians walking along side them in the journey of faith.
The Youth and Children Officer is a central point of contact for all churches in their work with children and young people, and can provide support to any church looking to expand or develop Children and Youth activities in their churches.
James Gardner is our Diocesan Children and Youth Officer and can be contacted by:
Tel: 07748 190246